kontozisis organic vineyards a-grafto assyritko assuritko 2019
A-Grafo Assyrtiko is showing the natural expression of mainland Assyrtiko, through a spontaneous fermentation of whole clusters, and no addition of sulfites.
- Grower: Kontozisis Organic Vineyards
- Vintage: 2018
- Grapes: Assyrtiko 100%
- Appellation: PGI Karditsa
- Alcohol: 14.5%
- Bottle: 750ml
- Viticulture: Organic (certified)
- Vinification: Partial (30%) whole cluster (with stems) / carbonic maceration with re-introduction of whole berries (20%) during fermentation. Spontaneous fermentation with no temperature control, full malolactic. Battonage on its lees for 4 months, with unfiltered and unsulphured bottling.
- Notes: Unusually floral aromas for an Assyrtiko, with botanical and citrusy notes, oily texture and the impressive signature Assyrtiko acidity and structure.